Ability Counts. . .
on Rehabilitation Services
What We Do
The Assistant Commissioner’s office provides leadership, direction and
to the five integrated and interdependent programs of Rehabilitation Services:
Business Enterprise Program, Disability Adjudication Services, Georgia Industries
for the Blind, Roosevelt Warm Springs Institute for Rehabilitation, and Vocational
Rehabilitation. The Assistant Commissioner’s staff provides an array
of expert support services to the management and staff of all RS programs.
Services We Provide
- Primary representative and liaison to federal partners and officials.
- Administrative oversight for internal operations including personnel,
budget, facilities management, customer service, diversity, etc.
- Legal services assistance regarding contracts, risk management,
information release, and personnel; participation in client and vendor appeals
hearings; legislative analysis; coordination of reasonable accommodation
requests; ADA liaison.
- Constituent services, i.e., clarification of client misunderstandings,
resolution of consumer complaints regarding service delivery, and information
- Strategic planning, organizational development and initiatives
planning, rehabilitation-specific training, and special projects coordination
- Public and media relations guidance, publications content development
and editing, graphic design recommendations, and video programming production
- Interpretation of rehabilitation-related legislation; coordination
of internal and external audits, reviews and investigations; monitoring
of compliance with established laws, regulations, standards and reporting
For further information about Rehabilitation Services and its programs,
contact the State Office at 404-232-3910 / 404-232-3911 TTY, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOL Home Page | RS Home Page
| State of Georgia Home Page | Top of this Page
For further information about programs or services offered
Rehabilitation Services, please e-mail us at email@example.com.